What We Believe1. The Scriptures - We believe that the Bible is the Word of God; that it was written by men who were moved by the Holy Ghost so that their writings were supernaturally and verbally inspired and free from error, as no other writings have ever been or ever will be. They are the complete and final revelation of the will of God to man, and so are the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
2. The True God - We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
a. God the Father - We believe in God the Father, perfect in holiness, boundless in love, infinite in wisdom, measureless in power. We believe that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ, His Son.
b. God the Son - We believe in Jesus Christ, God the Son, preexistent with the Father, begotten by the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary; sinless in His nature and life, infallible in His teaching, making atonement for the sins of the world by His substitutionary death on the cross. We believe in His bodily resurrection, His ascension into Heaven, His perpetual intercession for His people and His glorious second coming. We believe that the promise of His second coming includes: first, the premillennial and pretribulational rapture of His saints; and second, His return with His saints to set up His millennial reign.
c. God the Holy Spirit - We believe in the deity and personality of the Holy Spirit. We believe that He came from God to convince and convict the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment; and to regenerate, sanctify, indwell, and comfort and empower those who believe in Jesus Christ.
3. Man - We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but also that spiritual death which is separation from God. All mankind are now sinners, not by constraint, but by choice; and therefore under just condemnation without defense or excuse.
4. Satan - We believe in the reality and personality of Satan.
5. Salvation - We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who by faith receive Him as their personal Savior, are justified on the ground of His blood shed on Calvary and His resurrection from the dead and are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become the children of God.
6. The Church - We believe a Baptist Church is a local body of baptized believers associated for worship, Word, and fellowship. We believe that to the church was committed two ordinances: the baptism of believers by immersion and the Lord's Supper. We believe that God has laid upon the church the task of preaching the Gospel to every creature. We believe the local church has absolute right of self government free from the interference of any hierarchy of individuals or organizations.
7. Last Things - We believe in the bodily resurrection of all the dead, the saved to eternal life, and blessedness in Heaven and the unsaved to eternal conscious suffering and woe in Hell.
8. Assurance - We believe in the eternal security of the believer.
9. Of Civil Government - We believe that civil government is of divine appointment, for the interests and good order of human society; that magistrates are to be prayed for, conscientiously honored, and obeyed; except only in things opposed to the will of our Lord Jesus Christ, who is the only Lord of the conscience, and the coming Prince of the kings of the Earth.
10. Christian Living - We believe that every saved person should manifest the Christ life in a consistent walk in the Holy Spirit, fully and constantly yielding his members to the indwelling Christ, so that he may always be in life and Word showing forth the praises of Him who has called him out of darkness into His marvelous light.